Director, Business Technology Management (closed)
TITLE: Director Manager, Business Technology Management
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice-President, Finance
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
The Director, Business Technology Management, will provide business driven technology vision and leadership in the selection, investment, implementation and use of technology that satisfies business process automation within ATCO Power. The Director will provide leadership and IT advisory services to ATCO Power in planning and implementing technology solutions to support both distributed and centralized operations in achieving business goals, while maintaining alignment with corporate strategies, policies and procedures. The Director will work directly with the Office of the CIO to encourage ATCO Group approaches to the ATCO Power technology management, and resource application
Additionally, the incumbent will:
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, decision making and coordination of technology for ATCO Power;
- Facilitates communication between management, staff, internal and external service providers, and other business/technology resources within the organization;
- Monitors the operations and delivery of business technologies and solutions, including all communication networks;
- Ensures applications and data architectures within ATCO Power align directly with the requirements defined by/with the Office of the CIO;
- Responsible for the development and implementation of information technology life cycle project management processes and procedures;
- Provides advisory services and oversight to the design, implementation, and evaluation of solutions that support end users business processes required to conduct their jobs;
- Ensures proper training is available and delivered for all implemented technologies;
- Oversees and evaluates system security and back up procedures as provided by all service providers and other business partners;
- Continually communicates and aligns with the overall ATCO Group technology strategies as defined through the Office of the CIO; and
- If required, responsible for all regulatory filings related to Business Technologies.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent experience. Post graduate education is an asset.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of technology solutions, information management and operational management.
- Significant experience in a manufacturing and/or a projects based organization is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support business goals.
- Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house business solutions.
- Specific experience with large scale enterprise systems, particularly financial management systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with business solution areas such as Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, Workforce Management, Inventory/Asset Management.
- Ability to work within a federated organizational model bringing IT advice and influence to ATCO Power, while maintaining alignment with core strategies, policies and procedures of the Office of the CIO
Comprehensive knowledge of:
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management;
- Current technology, industry standards and approaches;
- Technology and information management methods and procedures;
- Business office operations as it pertains to customer care, inventory and asset management, project accounting and billing;
- Systems design and development processes, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management;
- Business process analysis and design; and
- Design, management, and operation of managed technology solutions.
Proven skills in:
- Management and leadership;
- Negotiating with vendors, contractors, and others;
- Budget preparation and monitoring;
- Project management and implementation management;
Demonstrated ability to:
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies;
- Comprehend complex, business and technical subjects;
- Set and manage priorities;
- Communicate with all levels of the business with ability to translate technical language to lay audiences;
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education;
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict;
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative; and
- If required, experience in a regulated environment in Alberta.
Please email me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Goke @ 403-374-1955