Strategic Account Manager
COMPANY NAME is an emerging leader in innovative technologies, enabling our customers to make the world a better place. With revenues of more than $X million, we have approximately 300 employees and serve over 50,000 customers multiple verticals.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Strategic Account Manager, Enterprise Services
This is a key commercial role supporting the $500M Global Enterprise Services business for Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for driving significant revenue growth and providing a strong base of users, references and partners essential for Global Enterprise Services to maintain and expand its position to a world leader in enterprise services solutions. Maintains high-level client relationship management and acts as client liaison during development and delivery of an outsourced solution.
- Ultimate responsibility to achieve the planned growth for revenue and bookings in the assigned accounts / territory while maintaining or exceeding gross margin goals.
- Collaborates with customers to understand their business needs and strategic objectives, forms relationships with decision-makers and identifies, develops and closes enterprise services business opportunities.
- Builds relationships at multiple levels of account and across all constituents.
- Prospects across accounts to ensure that target opportunities are identified and developed across sites and geographies.
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way ensuring Thermo Fisher is invited to all associated RFP’s within their territory as well as driving opportunities for individual proposals or pilot programs outside of an RFP process.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments in a proactive and timely manner.
- Ensures client satisfaction by collaborating with other Thermo Fisher business units to provide a single face to the customer and ensuring that any major conflicts with customers are resolved.
- Ensures that management and the account team are kept informed of business requirements and significant developments within accounts and is involved at critical times.
- Owns the account management and ensures that account plans and sales activities are consistent with overall business goals. Conducts quarterly account reviews to reflect progress and market changes.
- Possesses sufficient technical, operations and business knowledge to present a compelling value proposition to prospects and customers.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively and to develop competitive differentiation.
- Communicates with Product Management to provide customer input on features and feature prioritization requirements for services solutions and products.
- Collaborates with other groups within Thermo Fisher to implement strategies, identify and address cross-selling and synergistic business opportunities and overcome obstacles.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships with the business leaders and counter-parts in all Thermo Fisher commercial channels including corporate accounts, the Customer Channels Group and the direct sales channels for related services business units.
- Works to meet established goal tree items in the areas of revenue growth, profitability, expense control, process optimization, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- 8-12 years of experience and knowledge selling strategic service business solutions.
- Strong collaborative track record, which includes working within a matrix environment along with the ability to find solutions to a common goal.
- Familiarity with commercial operations, relationship management and marketing tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Reflector style – able to learn from mistakes and always wants to achieve best possible performance.
- Advanced PC skills, especially in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, peers, and upper management.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Sales or operations experience in research or clinical laboratories and/or Facilities
- Experienced in driving customer allegiance and growing existing customer base
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Location: This person will be field-based in the Greater Boston area and expected to travel 30-50%.