Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, financial and risk management. With 14,000 associates around the world, we offer solutions in the areas of employee benefit programs, talent and reward programs, and risk and capital management.
When it comes to HR Technology solutions, no other firm combines the human capital expertise, world class technology and global strength than Towers Watson. Our HR and Talent Management Technology services range from strategy development to integrated technology solutions to highly advanced analytics for our clients.
Towers Watson offers market defining solutions leveraging SharePoint and custom developed applications to bring HR to life for our clients. These solutions are used by HR professionals, managers and employees at large corporations all around the globe. The solutions are delivered as software-as-a-service applications.
As Product Manager, you will play a key role in the continued development of our Talent|REWARD solution. In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
• Product Roadmap Management
o Combine input from internal and external sources to define product vision
Internal – Sales, Client Delivery, Product Development, Consultants
External – Clients, Market Competition, Market Analysts
o Manage SMT and HRT involvement in roadmap approval
o Responsibility for investment requests, approval and subsequent management and oversight
o Scope product releases, making decisions exactly what functionality will be in scope and what is out of scope
• Product Development Oversight
o Review Product Development status tracking and risk updates (weekly) from SDLC Manager and Product Role Leads
o Review and evaluate resource and level of effort estimates for all PD teams for all upcoming releases and versions
o Communicate product development status and issues to PMT and SMT.
• Product Change Management
o Manage and approve weekly changes and the effects on product release and patch cycles
• Product Enhancement Requirements
o Provide input to and provide final approval of all product requirements
o Participate and final approval of product-level technical design decisions
• Product Communications
o Manage internal and external product release communications
• Client Delivery Liaison
o Interact with Client Delivery teams to inform them of upcoming releases and related change management requirements
o Provide assistance in client implementation/support situations requiring additional product insights or feedback
• Sales and Marketing Liaison
o Interact with Sales team to inform them of upcoming releases and sales opportunities
o Provide assistance in client sales situations
o Provide assistance in preparing marketing plans and collateral
o Represent the product at trade shows and industry forums
o Coordinate industry promotion of product
This position can be located virtually or in any Towers Watson location
• 6 - 8 years of experience in data management and system analysis, specific to talent management and compensation technology.
• Deep functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Performance Management, Career Development, Compensation Planning, Learning Management, Succession Planning, Recruiting
• Desirable requirements:
o Experience with software-as-a-service solutions
o Market awareness of competing products
• Comprehensive knowledge of HR data and practices and the application of data to generate meaningful business metrics.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Adeptness at learning new tools and approaches.
• Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities.
• Experience and comfort with data analysis.
• Process driven with ability to modify approach as necessary to anticipate changes in the market.
• Detail orientated, strong analytical thinker.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work on virtual teams.
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity.
• Ability to work effectively as an independent contributor or as part of a broader team.
• BS / BA degree.
• Travel required (20-50%)
Towers Watson is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V