Mechanical Design Engineer (closed)
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer job based in East London working within a multi-disciplinary consultancy that was established following the privatisation of a Councils Property Services Division. Since this privatisation they have grown their business to become a national firm with over 1,200 staff across 24 locations, delivering a comprehensive and flexible range of property services to meet the needs of both public and private sector clients.
Employed as a Mechanical Design Engineer in their East London office you will work within a team incorporating Building Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Architects, CAD technicians, Mechanical Engineers and Project Managers becoming involved in the design and management of projects as for Local Authorities, Councils, Housing Associations and Healthcare Trusts, currently their workload includes a 15-year contract with a London Borough. The position will require the successful person performing a wide spread of duties to include the following:
· Undertake the design and management of the electrical elements to projects from concept to completion and hand-over,
· Production of electrical specification and tender documentation,
· Reviewing tender returns and advising on contractor appointment,
· Carry out design calculations,
· Attend design and client meetings as required,
· Review of on site activities to ensure quality is achieved,
To be considered you will need to be a Mechanical Engineer who possess experience of working either directly for a public sector organisation or within a consultancy that regularly undertaking work on behalf of public sector clients. Experience in the design of electrical projects valued between 100K to £2m is required with experience in the use of Amtech or Hevacomp being beneficial.
They offer excellent working conditions to include a 37.5-hour week and flexi-time and additional benefits include:
· 27 days annual leave increase to 31 with service,
· 45p per mile petrol expenses,
· Profit related bonus
The salary of up to £45,000 + fantastic package which includes a final salary pension. Should you wish to hear more information please contact Scott Hall on 0207 419 8968