Consultant/Sr. Consultant in eCommerce/Multichannel/Retail at Cognizant US (closed)
Cognizant Business Consulting (CBC) is a global consulting organization group delivering strategic and domain consulting through industry and technology expertise. We have more than 2,100 experienced consultants with a broad range of domain and subject matter expertise. Our focus is on driving our clients’ agendas through transforming operations around the “Future of Work”, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of IT, maximizing the value of enterprise solutions, and innovating with state of the art technologies. We provide a number of Business/IT Consulting Services including: Business Strategy, IT Strategy & Roadmap Development, Process Re-Engineering & Transformation, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Selection, and Domain Solutions. Our functional areas of specialty include: Strategic Services, Large Scale Program Management, Enterprise Analytics, IT Infrastructure, Process and Quality Consulting, and Customer Solutions – CRM / ERP. We serve the following industry domains: Banking & Financial Services, Insurance, Health Care, Life Sciences, Technology, Communications, Information, Media & Entertainment, Retail, Consumer Products, Manufacturing & Logistics, and Travel & Hospitality. The CBC team is a high performing organization that is continually expanding our client base and increasingly being recommended by analysts like Forrester and Gartner. In 2010 our CBC revenue grew by 46% compared to 2009.
Our Retail, Travel and Hospitality and Consumer Goods CBC practice is 275 consultants strong. We focus on building our team with people who have hands-on industry experience, consulting and business analysis capabilities. Our client base includes 13 of the top 30 North American industry leaders and 13 of the top 50 global leaders, including 5 Fortune 50 companies and 13 Fortune 500 companies. Our areas of focus include: Supply Chain Planning, Supply Chain Execution, Store Operations, Merchandising, Multichannel and E-Commerce and Enterprise Solutions
Our Retail Business Consulting practice is a fast growing organization. As part of this growth we are recruiting for several Consultant and Sr Consultant Positions with experience in eCommerce and Multi-channel. We are looking for consultants with a proven track record of business analysis, process definition and improvements.
- Leading requirements definition sessions to build a software.
- Requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Conducting JAD sessions.
- Involved throughout the SDLC from initiation till Use acceptance.
- Documenting detailed requirements in artifacts like Use Cases, BRD, Functional Specification document.
- Creating requirements traceability matrix.
- Reviewing Test Cases and high level system design.
- Participating in UAT.
- Participating in practice development and thought leadership – by contributing in developing whitepapers, reusable assets, point of views etc.
- Participating in proposal responses and RFI responses.
- A minimum of 4-6 years experience in the role of a Business Analyst in eCommerce or multi-channel. In-industry retail experience is a strong plus.
- Business Analyst experience in software requirements gathering, requirements documentation and maintenance.
- Ability to estimate and plan the requirements phase of a software project.
- Experience with business process improvement and system modifications/ implementations.
- Good knowledge of the retail functions like Merchandising, Allocations, Store Operations, Supply chain management, ecommerce etc.
- Possess basic to intermediate of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge.
- Hands on knowledge of requirements management tools like Caliber, RequisitePro etc.
- Extensive business process experience; problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze and share recommendations to improve/modify existing processes/ systems for clients
- Bachelors Degree required
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action M/F/D/V
- US work authorization is required
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of IT services and Consulting Services to Global Fortune 500 companies. Focused on delivering strategic information technology solutions that address the complex business needs of its clients, Cognizant uses its own on-site/offshore outsourcing model to provide applications management, development, integration, and reengineering; infrastructure management; business process outsourcing; and numerous related services, such as enterprise consulting, technology architecture, program management, and change management.