Systems Administrator (closed)
Our client, located in Princeton, NJ is seeking a Systems Administrator for an immediate full-time position. Details include:
Responsible for the daily activities associated with planning, designing, building, troubleshooting, administering, maintaining and supporting company wide information systems. The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for all aspects of systems administration for all in house as well as remote users, including computers, networks, applications, databases, and telecommunications. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support.
- Monitor network traffic and server utilization patterns, and their effects on application & system availability and performance expectations.
-Manages anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
-Plans, implements, and supports the network and server infrastructure.
-Be responsible for NetApp SAN design/implementation/management
- Installs and configures Linux and Windows operating systems on newly acquired hardware.
- Configure new servers while documenting the implementation.
-Working knowledge of managing Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
-Knowledgeable with Network monitoring software such as SolarWinds, Zenoss
- Knowledgeable with CIFFS, NFS,DNS DHCP,LDAP and Fiber Channel protocols.
-Manages VoIP phone system on-site and in remote locations
-Manages small to medium sized projects according to predetermined budgets and schedules.
-Assists with technology planning through ongoing research.
-Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support.
- Maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information.
-Analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems.
- Bachelor in Science or relevant college degree required
-CCNA, and/or MCSA Certification preferred.
-Experience with VMware is preferred
-5 or more years of Network Administration work experience.
-5 or more years of Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory work experience.
-3 or more years of managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007.
- Must be proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Productivity Suite
-Professional experience installing and configuring Cisco networking equipment.
-Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive.
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially via telephone and in writing.
-Ability to identify problems, process resolution and implement action or solution timely.
-Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives
-Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to handle competing, multiple tasks simultaneously.
-Flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
-Ability to work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team
-Demonstrated working knowledge of current communications devices and protocols, server and desktop technologies.
Ask our Talon Technology Occupational Consultants about our Referral Bonus Program.