Java Developer (closed)
Duration: 3-6 months Temp to Perm
Scope of High Level Work:
- Assist in building new Java components for various projects our clients corporate website, FES website and other new web development projects.
- Enhance, modify, update existing Java components and code used in various external facing websites.
- The Java components will primarily interact with web services and Oracle databases for data querying and update.
- All external websites will use the Adobe CQ content management system.
- Build and deploy mobile optimized websites focused on ease of use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across supported mobile devices.
- Hands-on experience developing Eclipse-based Java web applications with a JEE engine running locally.
- Hands-on experience building and deploying Java Servlet and JSP applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with team programming (e.g. check-in, check-out, version control with Subversion).
- Experience deploying applications to various environments (e.g. local, development, production).
- Experience with the Spring Security framework.
- Experience with developing in conjunction with a content management system. Knowledge of Day CQ (by Adobe) not required but would be a plus.
- Experience with Oracle databases.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment. Analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems, identify and implement process improvements, and think creatively.
- Must be skilled in both oral and written communications in order to facilitate meetings, capture requirements as well as write documentation, specifications, procedures and process flows.
- Understanding and willingness to embrace application development standards and processes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan activities, work on multiple concurrent tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, aptitude to learn quickly.
- Highly motivated; experience working independently with a high level of productivity.
- Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed.