Senior Java Developer (closed)
I am looking for a Sr. Java Developer for a long-term contract with a client in the Nashville area. This position will focus on Java development while working with IBM tools. This person will play a key role in modernizing the legacy systems, help transition to a SOA Environment and mentor the existing staff as they move to a Java environment. This individual will play a key role on the Enterprise Services Development team. This systems development role will be responsible for designing and developing Enterprise Services in a SOA environment. This position is for an experienced software developer with experience in Java, XML, Web Services and must have strong analytical, technical and communication skills. S/he will participate in design sessions, develop and implement services at the enterprise level to support and expand the client's internal and external application platform.
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum 4 years programming with Java, XML, Web Services and other key Java technologies.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing distributed applications development.
- Minimum 2 years experience conducting solution design employing OO, Design Patterns and UML.
- Minimum 2 years experience performing in a lead role on major projects.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Including ability to work with all management levels.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines.
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules.
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Knowledge and experience with IBM development tools (WID/IID, RAD) preferred.
- Understanding of SOA/SOMA concepts, design patterns, tools, techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience with IBM platforms (WAS, WESB, WSRR, and DataPower)
- Experience with database related development in Oracle is highly desired