Mechanical Hydropower Lead Engineer - Canada (closed)
Mechanical Hydropower Lead Engineer - Canada
Plan recruitment is currently working in unison with the leading Hydropower & Engineering company organisation to source a Lead Mechanical Hydropower Engineer for their office in Canada. They are urgently seeking candidates and will accept applications from across the world although there is a strict criteria that MUST be met:
Role & Responsibilities
• Provide expertise in design of mechanical equipment & systems, from initial project planning and estimating through to detailed design.
• Provide field support during installation, testing and start-up of mechanical equipment.
• Maintain strong client relations, and actively participate in preparation of proposals, as well as business development efforts, within the office.
• Excellent knowledge of hydropower facility mechanical equipment, including hydraulic turbines, intake and spillway gates, turbine shutoff valves, large bridge and gantry-type cranes, as well as mechanical ancillaries including fire protection, pumps and piping systems, water filtration/treatment, HVAC and waste water systems. In addition, a general knowledge of electrical generation equipment, including generators, transformers, gas-insulated switchgear and conductor systems, etc., would be an asset.
• Excellent English written and spoken as specifications and technical reports will be expected.
• A degree in mechanical engineering, and current registration (or eligibility for registration) with APEGBC.
• Fully Proficient with office-related software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel. In addition, proficiency with any of Solidworks, Autocad, ANSYS, and/or Mathcad would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with major mechanical engineering design codes and standards, such as the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31.3, CMAA standards, as well as structural design standards (CSA S16 or AISC code).
The salary is 150,000 – 175,000 Canadian dollars depending on experience with additional benefits and potential relocation bonus. Please contact me directly for further information: Alex Naylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Naylor | Managing Partner | Plan Recruitment Ltd
Office: +44 (0)845 862 2682
Mobile: +44 (0)789 401 6021