Sales & Technical Manager US East Coast (closed)
Sales & Technical Manager - US East Coast you would be undertaking a combination of sales, marketing and territory management for a large fuel technology client. You would be tasked with selling direct to captains and engineers on yachts of over 60 feet in length. You would also help in building and managing a network of local sales reps and agencies.
The ideal candidate would be a great salesman with a proven track record and an interest in yachting/and or engineering. We’d like to find someone with an engaging and enthusiastic personality who can sell with confidence. We can give you the product knowledge required. This isn't an office job. It's about spending time with captains, engineers and boat industry people developing relationships, talking about the product and closing deals.
This role requires you to spend your time visiting yachts in marinas and shipyards up and down the coast, developing relationships with a view to closing the deal. Your success in doing so would be measured by your ability to meet monthly sales targets.
Remuneration will be a mix of monthly salary and commission based on monthly revenues. The job will require a significant amount of travel and time spent away from home for which appropriate expenses would be repaid.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Great sales capability
- Highly entrepreneurial
- Marketing flair
- Ability to work alone in the field
- Strong communication skills, both with customers and colleagues
- Ability to set priorities
- Strong organisational skills
- Customer focused attitude
- Knowledge of the yachting and an ability to enjoy immersing yourself in it would be an asset
- Knowledge of engineering and an ability to enjoy talking about it would be an asset
- Identify new sales opportunities
- Prospect for and generate leads
- Market product capabilities to potential customers
- Close sales by overcoming objections
- Attain monthly sales targets
- Keep company informed as to progress
- Maintain ongoing contact with existing customers
- Identify potential opportunities to appoint local sales agents
- Act as territory manager for local sales agents
- Undertake local marketing initiatives
For further information please contact Ben Platt on email@example.com or call him on +447779304214 or skype him on parachutesas_bp.