Vice President of Programs (closed)
Reporting to the CEO, this highly visible position is part of the executive leadership team, interfacing with the Board of Directors in matters related to Program Operations and Development. Along with others on the executive leadership team - actively participating in the strategic planning process and providing the acumen necessary to assist the executive leadership team, CEO and Board of Directors in setting vision, determining direction and implementing organization strategy.
Key components for the Vice President of Programs role:
Program Development & Delivery
• Provide macro-level leadership to drive the design, promotion, implementation, and delivery of outcome focused programs and services offered across the state of Hawai`i.
• Inspire and develop directors and other management staff to build program capacity, quality, and compliance.
• Work closely with various funders to negotiate program delivery, implement policy and assist with assuring funding and program directives are carried out as needed.
• Assisting the recruitment, development and retention of organizationally core talent.
• Lead key initiatives to develop system for quality assurance, using operational and programmatic best practices that enable the organization to fulfill its mission.
• Reviews and analyze operational records and reports of employment, education and training programs to project service ratios and to determine profitability - ensuring effective control of results by implementing corrective action to achieve departmental objectives within designated budgets.
• Staying current of new trends and significant developments within social services.
• Actively participate in committees, task forces and the legislative process regarding issues that will enhance the organizations reputation and expand program participation in the communities served.
• Adept and comfortable with development activities, demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism and ethics at all times.
• Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent and five years related experience reflecting program management in Human Services. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively persuade and present information to legislators, executives, public groups, and/or board of directors while meeting the needs of multiple constituents.
• Must be or become CPR/First Aid certified; and possess a current driver's license, current auto insurance, a clean traffic abstract, and access to an insured vehicle for possible work related use.
Other desired qualifications include:
• Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) status and Qualified Mental Retardation (QMRP) status.
• Successful State and Federal grant and RFP writing experience highly desired.
Bishop & Co. is a locally, woman owned recruiting firm. We assist candidates with obtaining direct hire, temp-to-hire, and temporary/contract employment, and we charge NO FEES to our candidates!!
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information