Manufacturing Systems Administrator (closed)
The Manufacturing System Administrator is responsible for planning, design, development, installation, configuration, enhancement, interface, testing and operation of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Provide first technical contact for manufacturing associates, system operators, and manufacturing engineers in-house, as well as Camstar Support and consulting offsite.
- Plan, design, development, install, configuration, enhancement, interface and operation of the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and drive projects to completion.
- Recommend utilization of existing system functions to solve problems or improve existing functionality
- Conduct comprehensive training sessions on the utilization of new solutions for the user community.
- Prioritize and respond to multiple customer requests.
- Prepares and conducts system and programming tasks on web application and designer including program design, coding, debugging, and documentation as directed to meet validation / verification requirements.
- Configures system settings and options, plans and executes unit and integration acceptance testing with the required documentation.
- Creates, configures, and updates product workflows, specifications, and data collections in MES for new product introductions or major process changes.
- Works in conjunction with professional services and consultants to implement system upgrades, hot fixes, and new features in support of the manufacturing and quality process needs.
- Communicate system functionality requirements on behalf of the end-user by building consensus with engineers, and business leadership to ensure that system functionality and solutions meets business needs.
- Provide and manage production support for MES functions including SAP interfaces, Electrical Test interfaces, MES master data maintenance & process modeling, MES functionality (transactions and user interfaces), and Database / reporting functions.
- Integrate global, local, and middleware solutions for connected software applications. Such systems include ERP (SAP), Business Intelligence (Business Objects), and machine interfaces/automation.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or related engineering discipline is required. MS degree preferred.
- BS degree with 4 years experience, or MS degree with 2+ years experience in a medical manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Minimum Knowledge (2+yrs) of Visual Studio, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and HTML
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Understanding SQL, VB.NET and/or Java EE, IIS and/or WebSphere, and XML a plus.
- Knowledge with troubleshooting Windows operating systems desired.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000 operating systems.
- Experience with SQL Database, developer DBA is a plus
- Proficient with TCP/IP and Microsoft Windows networking tools
- Strong people and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with integration and automation of manufacturing and test equipment a plus.
- Experience working with MES (Camstar) in environment with ERP, and BI enterprise systems a plus.
If Interested please contact Brandon at BrandonPloch@technisource.com