Sr. Software Engineer (OOD/J2EE)
Location: San Ramon, CA, United States
|Business Segment:||Global Research|
|About Us:||At GE’s new Software Center of Excellence in San Ramon, CA, some of the brightest minds in technology are developing the software, analytics, and user experiences that will transform industries and improve lives by connecting people and businesses to the nearly 50 billion machines and devices that build, move, power, and cure our world. GE calls this vision the “Industrial Internet,” and GE developers are leveraging technology advances such as cloud computing, intelligent devices, big data and analytics to deliver ground-breaking new ways of tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
|Posted Position Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Function Segment:||Applications and Software|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:||California|
|Essential Responsibilities||As the Senior Software Engineer, you will be a key member of an agile software development team comprised of a Software Architect, Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, User Interaction Design Engineers, and the Product Owner. You will lead the design, development, and delivery of high quality software in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment. Senior Software Engineers are expected to bring software design & development experience to the team.
- Take ownership of software design and implementation to provide solution that meets business requirements.
- Implement software according to the design, system interaction models, frameworks and interfaces.
- Create prototypes to prove technologies and systems interactions.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design and implementation to others in the team, participate and present in scrum reviews.
- Maintain a knowledge base of software process, development and implementation best practices.
- Attend technology seminars, seek external consultation, and remain in touch with industry trends.
- Develop working relationships with external consultants to help build a cloud based development community.
- Adopt best practices and tools for software development.
- Develop high quality software and engage in unit testing, verification and integration as well as deployment necessary for a solution.
- Provide coaching to junior engineers and collaborate with cross functional teams such as QA, business team and operations team.
|Qualifications/Requirements:||- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institute |
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Object-oriented software design and development
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Java/J2EE under Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior engineers and providing technical directions
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, CA.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to travel.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications||GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.|
|Desired Characteristics||- Strong knowledge of OOD, software design patterns and principles. |
- Java 5/6 expert.
- Strong knowledge of J2EE.
- Strong JPA, JTA, JMS and Spring framework.
- Knowledge of SOA based development.
- Knowledge of cloud based development and cloud computing including Big Data and analytics.
- Knowledge of agile & collaborative development tools such as the Atlassian suite.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Perforce, SVN, and Clear-case.
- Strong Web Service, XML technologies (SOAP, JAXB, WSDL, XML).
- Strong knowledge JUnit and Test Driven Development practices.
- Experience with Oracle SQL.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP).
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Encourages input from all members of the team.
- High energy, results driven person with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior lead.rship with confidence and clarity.
- Able to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people.
- Builds loyalty and commitment.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
|Section 19 Job||YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.|
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Cloud, Computer Science, Database, Developer, Engineer, Engineering, Java, Linux, Oracle, QA, Quality, Quality Assurance, Research, Software Engineer, SQL, Technology, Test Engineer, Testing, Unix, XML