Technician (Maintenance, Molding, Tooling) (closed)
Experis is seeking candidates a Tooling Technician (direct hire) opening in McCalla, AL. Must have 5-7 years of injection molding tool & die repair experience. Demonstrated understanding of the following:
- Welding the parting line (TIG)
- Spot parting line
- Hot Runner wiring
- Trim Tool knowledge
- Advanced blue-print reading
- Basic CAD concepts
- Hand working grain repair
- Spot lifters, cores, and slides
- Cut threads ID / OD
- Cut internal o-ring grove
- Grind cutting tools
- Cutting nozzle tips
- Cutting tapers
- Use of boring head
- Calculate & set-up and cut bolt pattern
- Set up & run rotary table
- Use of trigonometry sine plate
- Grind compound angles and using a sine plate
Experis is seeking candidates a Maintenance Technician (direct hire) opening in McCalla, AL. Must have 4 years of industrial maintenance experience including the following:
- PLC and HMI maintenance & troubleshooting (including Ladder logic)
- Perform & diagnose hydraulic leaks and PMs
- Advanced electrical and blueprint schematic reading
- Integrated circuit troubleshooting
- Wire control circuits for 5, 12, 24, and 120 volts
- Advanced pneumatic circuit design
- Advanced welding skills
- Capable of sizing motor starters and overloads for an application
- Ability to troubleshoot basic control circuits
- Basic computer skills
Demonstrated understanding of the following:
- Basic shop tools (hand tools, drills, lathes and milling machine)
- Welding skills MIG, TIG, and Stick / Braze
- Hydraulics theory & functionality
- OHMs Law
- Electronics theory
- Bridge & Rail Cranes
- Drilling / Tapping
- Timers & Counter theory
- Encoders / decoders theory
- Circuit design & layout
- Cutting & threading pipe
- Basic pneumatic troubleshooting & repair
- Building maintenance plant lighting, compressors and emergency lighting
- Bending conduit and pulling wire
- Installation & set-up of motor contactors and VFDS
Experis is seeking candidates for an Injection Molding Process Technician (direct hire) opportunity. Our customer is a plant-joint-venture of a large car manufacturing company located in McCalla, AL. Responsible for assuring injection molding machines run to quality standards and meet all production goals. Assure all safety and housekeeping procedures are followed. Report all quality and scrap issues to appropriate Supervisor / Manager as soon as possible.
- Assure housekeeping standards are met.
- Create and maintain an environment for a safe and healthy workforce.
- Maintain and monitor processes in accordance with Business Operating and Environmental requirements.
- Responsible for keeping all plastic injection molding machines producing quality product.
- Perform DOE's.
- Set up optimal process parameters using RJG technology.
- Maintain and optimize "end-of-arm" robot extraction tooling.
- Stop the flow of production to correct quality issues and document any findings and/or adjustments on designated forms.
- Verify process parameters and implement changes as appropriate to improve cycle times.
- Complete job change set up sheets.
- Ensure machine and surrounding area is free of oil and by-product material.
- Maintain and update a process log / set-up instruction book for each tool.
- Work in conjunction with the Quality department to improve process control.
- Troubleshoot processing problems including normal adjustments and checks.
- Ensure injection molding machines, and supporting automated systems, are set to parameters contained within process books.
- Assure scrap issues are addressed and fixed in a timely manner.
- Act as Production Supervisor as needed.
- 4 year technical degree (Plastics degree which includes RJG technology) or equivalent experience (6-8 years without technical degree).
- With degree (1-3) years of injection molding experience as a Process Technician, preferably within the automotive industry (experience should include automated delivery systems).
- Ability to train resin processors.
- Strong troubleshooting skills on injection molding machines.
- Experience with multicolor injection and/or mold behind applications.
- Understanding of mold flow and RJG technology.
- Knowledge of plastic part design, processing and equipment.