Electrical Design Engineer (closed)
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS) is a $14 billion global business. Our sensing and control expertise captures more and better data faster, across a wireless landscape; improves productivity, safety, and security; drives better decision-making; reduces costs; and unifies Honeywell’s ACS businesses.
Sensing and Control (S&C) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). S&C is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensors, switches, machine safeguarding and other devices for a variety of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) applications in the aerospace, medical, transportation, industrial, and test and measurement sectors.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer in our Freeport, IL facility!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform electrical design function on new product development teams to define customer requirements, develop and select best concepts, design and implement into production new sensor solutions.
- Work effectively with internal and external suppliers and customers.
- Ensure tasks are delivered on time and within the performance, cost, and reliability targets.
- Employ DFSS tools and methodologies throughout the New Product Introduction process.
- Understanding of magnetic sensor technologies such as Resolvers, Variable Reluctance, Hall Effect and Anisotropic Magneto Resistive (AMR). Serve as a resource for electromagnetic compatibility design.
- Create sensor models to simulate various concepts using MatLab, PSpice, MathCad or similar program.
- Develop concept prototypes in an engineering lab environment.
- Create electrical specifications for new sensor designs and work with cross functional teams to create test plans for these new designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2 years of circuit design experience.
- Due to the nature of the product that you will be working with, U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required.
- Excellent electrical design skills.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design.
- Experience in electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) design.
- Experience with designs using Microcontrollers.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as presentations skills.
- Understanding and application experience of Six Sigma design tools.
- Excellent task management skills - ability to weigh cost verse performance trade-off for new concepts.
- Magnetic Sensor Design Experience.
- Proficient with applicable computer skills such as Excel, Minitab, Word, PowerPoint, PSpice, Mathcad and MatLab.
To view and apply for this position, please visit http://www.careersathoneywell.com/ and reference job number 188242.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.