Network Security Administrator - nonprofit (closed)
Great benefit package. Family tuition support. MBA and security certification support.
If you like to innovate and help people, this is a great job!
Perfect for a SysAdmin who has been working with a lot of security and wants to take the next career step focusing on security ? we will support your career growth!
Good for a more senior security specialist looking for a work-life balance and no travel.
Would you like to join an award-winning IT team committed to implementing leading-edge technologies? Would you like to work right here in San Francisco, in the financial district? Rather than commuting 3-4 hours per day to the Silicon Valley? Wouldn't you like to work for an institution that firmly believes in this work/life balance? Don't you want Exceptional Benefits included such as full tuition remission, comprehensive health, dental, life, and disability insurance, employer-matching 403(b) plans, generous paid vacation, holiday, and sick time?
Look no further! Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a new Software Architect for our client, a prestigious nonprofit organization, in downtown San Francisco, CA. This opportunity is for immediate hire.
The Security Administrator focuses on network, systems and application services from a security and policy perspective. Responsibilities include security administration of all computers, local and WAN network systems, security components of all work-flows, processes, applications and the data security and liability issues associated with audits, network computing to co-location partner's sites, and security policies associated with IT applications.
· Create and maintain security policies and procedures.
· Perform periodic scans and audits of applications, networks, and systems in order to identify vulnerabilities, prohibit unauthorized use, prevent loss of critical information, and maintain service availability.
· Improve and maintain patch management processes for server and desktop systems.
· Review and maintain firewall policy on server farm and Internet firewalls.
· Improve and maintain anti-virus software on servers, Virtual Desktop Systems and end-user systems.
· Define hardening standards for securing servers and network devices. Insure all servers and network devices comply with these standards.
· Collaborate in the ongoing initiatives, including disaster recovery, business continuity, strategic outsourcing and overall IT risk mitigation.
· Design and implement functional, flexible and secure identity management (IDM) systems, promoting granular application and network access control at the company, and allowing more sophisticated access to computing resources.
· Improve security architecture including firewall upgrades, remote access methodologies, vulnerability assessment tools, wireless networking, and intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS and IPS).
· Review security and architecture of new applications to insure they meet security requirements.
· Participate in ongoing audits pertaining to the security of applications and infrastructure.
· Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in an information technology discipline
· Minimum 5 years experience in technical information systems management, with a strong emphasis on security technology and methodologies.
· Industry recognized security certifications (CISSP, Certified Information Systems Security Professional) or equivalent work experience and competency are preferred.
Skills and Experience Sought:
· Patch and change management process experience in large, complex, multi-platform environments (running Red Hat and SUSE Linux, Novell & Microsoft operating systems)
· Experience working with CheckPoint firewalls, and/or Cisco ASA, and/or Palo Alto Network?s firewall ? we are migrating off Checkpoint VERY soon.
· Managing and deploying remote access solutions and performing security audits, using security tools such as NESSUS and Nmap.
· Experience reviewing applications for security vulnerabilities and testing for SQL injection, and cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to solve technical problems collaboratively with a team, contracted vendors and service providers
· Time, communication and project management skills, including issue escalation, resolution, tracking and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
· Experience with PCI (personal credit information) security, audit, and compliance.
This is a great place to work!
· Time to explore new technologies and implement them if there is a good business case ? we are innovative.
· You will be able to work directly with business unit directors and key stakeholders ? you will not be hidden.
· You can get direct feedback from your users/customers.
· Our department is very flat in structure ? you will be heard and can make an impact!
· No travel required.
· Great work/life balance.
· Typical hours are 9 to 5 and you can flex them earlier or later, depending on your commute. (Some change management window exceptions.)
· Not a ?pressure cooker? environment.
· Stable teams. Well established business.
· Very close to BART, Muni, and CalTrain.
· Amazing educational opportunities for you and your family members.
· Fun projects coming up, including New HR and CRM systems, document management and imaging system, datacenter relocation, big desktop and OS upgrade, and an enterprise service bus project.
· We have an internal and external websites, and a large wireless network supporting laptops to iPads.
· Break room ping pong, foosball, and more.
· Vibrant, active community.
For immediate consideration please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title and number in the subject line.
About Our Search Firm:
Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providint executive search sevices and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruite for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.