Journey Designer (closed)
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Creating and modifying Digital Terrain models, perform cut and fill volume calculations, create profiles and cross-sections, and prepare plan and profile sheets for gravity and pressure piping.
- Will also create, modify, and manage Data Shortcuts and Civil 3D Template files.
- Position will regularly interface with other departments, clients, vendors, and project engineers in order to support project production.
- Supporting field assignments as required. Possibly providing conceptual input to projects during the planning stages.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
- High school graduate with vocational technical training in basic drafting technology and typically 11-12 years of related experience (or equivalent working knowledge/experience), or a 2-year degree in drafting/design technology and 9-10 years of related experience.
- Incumbent must demonstrate a sound understanding of design concepts with minimal engineering input and a proficiency in utilizing manual and computer-assisted techniques for moderately-difficult design assignments. Position will require the candidate to possess a minimum of 5-years Digital Terrain Modeling experience, preferably using AutoDesk Civil 3D. Proficiency of candidate will require experience and ability to create and modify Digital Terrain models, perform cut and fill volume calculations, create profiles and cross-sections, and prepare plan and profile sheets for gravity and pressure piping.
- Additionally, candidate shall have the ability to create, modify, and manage Data Shortcuts and Civil 3D Template files.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more and apply please visit this link; http://bit.ly/KjfqaI