IT Architect (closed)
We are in search of an IT Architect for our client in San Francisco, CA.
The Integrated Architect job family provides technical leadership in design, development and implementation of architectural deliverables, to include components of the assessment and optimization of system design and review of user requirements. Provides technical direction to the determination of technical and operational feasibility of solutions that are integrated with the existing or defined IT architecture and services standards, to meet clearly defined technical performance requirements. Develops prototypes of the system design and works with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes in order to maintain architectural integrity.
Also provides Integrated Architecture leadership to ensure that design, development, and testing activities conform to the strategic and tactical Integrated Architecture direction for individual initiatives.
• Accountable for architecting comprehensive technology platform solution designs that meet business solution requirements on IT projects.
• Applies broad knowledge - working with stakeholders – of IT standards, service offerings and operational options to develop an implementation approach of technology solution alternatives.
• Utilizes broad portfolio-building approach, detailed subject matter expertise and communication skills to create and present innovative solutions based on requirements.
• Serves as key technical resource across several disciplines.
• Will ensure that the physical design and configuration of the delivered solutions are in direct alignment with the logical design.
• Participates in collaboration with other technical teams in the exchange and transfer of technical knowledge, and in the development and evolution of architecture standards, guidelines, reference architectures, and the IT Technology Roadmap planning and implementation.
• Expected to promote the development and reuse of common solutions, components and services
• Collaborate with other domain specific (application, infrastructure, or information) Architects, System Design Engineers and technologists to complete architecture deliverables.
• Work with other architects to ensure that the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements.
• Serves as technical advocate and is the voice for ITIS on the architectural implementation strategy designed to address client business problems.
• Responsible for the full lifecycle technical implementation, with SME participation in; solution evaluation and selection, buy vs. build decisions, business requirements impact analysis, refinement of early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case, and implementation level design.
• Provides critical support function for Integrated Architecture design decisions during plan, analyze, design, build, test, and deploy phases of IT projects.
• This is a fully experienced position: performs assignments of bread scope and complexity with moderate to high risk and few precendents or standard solutions in an autonomous fashion under general guidance
• Assignments are based on extensive knowledge of concepts, principles or practices in a specific discipline, field or area of expertise, and require seasoned, experienced-based judgment in applying and adapting techniques
• The work product has moderate to potentially significant impact (e.g. financial, public perception, operational, legal) on the Company; and with general guidance, incumbent may need to integrate information from various sources and demonstrate high credibility with others.
• BA/BA and/or MA/MS or equivalent, typically requires 5+ years of Integrated Architecture, IT engineering design and/or technical project implementation experience
• Exposure to creating or working with cross-functional IT professional individuals or teams
• Exposure to a process improvement discipline (i.e. Six Sigma) used within a technology supported business process implementation
• Good understanding, in a core business area of a utility, of how technology plays a key enabler/support role
• Good understanding and implementation experience within process design, information modeling or system architecture within a core business area of a utility
• Good understanding of the Integrated Architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
• Good understanding and project experience, in a core business area within a utility, in the application one of the following: Application Architecture, SOA, Information Architecture, Data Management, Security, and Infrastructure technologies
* Eligibility for employment is contingent upon ability to pass background check *
This opportunity is for W2 contractors ONLY
* Reference #46957