Procurement Specialist (closed)
Purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring products and services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for establishment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Receive, review and process requisitions for goods or services
- Prepare bid requests and purchase orders for custom fabricated weldments, machined components and commodities such as hardware, electrical components, shop supplies, etc.
- Meet and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule and discuss technical and commercial aspects of products and quotations
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
- Release purchase orders
- Expedite orders and requests as needed.
- Maintain procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel and support corrective action with vendors
- Monitor market trends, changes in business practices in the assigned markets, new or altered types of materials and manufacturing methods entering the market
Interested candidates apply online at www.bauer-conroe.com