Principal Software Engineer (closed)
As a key contributor and technical resource on a high-performing engineering team, the Principal Software Engineer will design and code major parts of a new software platform leveraging ChoiceStream's existing high-volume data analytics platform. The new platform will combine real-time distributed programming, machine learning, and optimized big-data modeling and management.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
• Help lead architectural discussions and facilitate decisions with project team members and design substantial parts of the software systems
• Develop major components of complex applications/systems in Java
• Collaborate with the Product Owner within the Agile/Scrum process to understand customer needs and to write technical specifications that meet those needs
• May act as a project team leader on large software projects
• Mentor new and entry level engineers and act as technical resource for team members
• Research new practices and cutting edge technologies and make recommendations for implementation or adoption
The ideal candidate will have:
• 10+ years of professional experience delivering production-quality code in Java
• 5+ years hands on experience building scalable, high-performing applications and data processing solutions
• Experience with backend web service architectures, Java EE, and SQL
• Experience with big data processing using NoSql techniques like Cassandra, Hadoop & Hive highly desirable
• Passion for coding is a must!
• Be comfortable with distributed processing patterns and manipulating large datasets
• Team player who works collaboratively with engineers, testers and program managers
• Self-starter who excels in a culture that demands engineering excellence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Programming experience with web service architectures, Java 5, SQL, Perl programming techniques and related technologies
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.