Web Marketing Analyst (closed)
This position, reporting to Online Marketing, will be responsible for supporting the analytics needs of an ecommerce online marketing team by collecting, analyzing and reporting on customer behavior when entering through various marketing channels. Major responsibilities include improving data collection, integrity and integration methods to support attribution modeling strategies; building and modifying a weekly & monthly dashboard; as well as ad hoc reporting and data interpretation. This position will branch out beyond standard web analytics to include evaluations based on customer lifecycles and other variables with the ability to largely impact future marketing spending.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and interpret the collection of data and statistics for e-commerce including historical referring paths and content and their respective monetary values
- Create dashboards by pulling data from different sources for presentation
- Define and implement routine reports (weekly, monthly) for marketing channel performance and overall website usage.
- Ability to research data anomalies
- Maintain and coordinate tags, tracking parameter implementations to keep analytics platform clean
- Effective and persuasive presentations (verbal and written) for management and project teams
- Meticulous data consolidation and validation
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in online behavioral analysis and analytic tools/techniques
II. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
III. SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Strong proficiency using Google Analytics
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive understanding of website behavioral metrics and e-commerce best practices
- High degree of proactivity in analyzing customer behavior using available data to make marketing spend recommendations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Extreme attention to details and outstanding organizational skills
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Able to work in fast paced environment where flexibility is key
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; preferably statistical or marketing
- Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience in web analytics methodologies such as marketing channel valuations or keyword valuations; 1 to 2 years of experience in one or more roles in an online e-commerce or online support environment