Senior Architect- VM Ware (closed)
We are searching for a highly qualified engineer with deep hands-on VMware experience.
The technical skills required include: vSphere ESX, vCenter, View, SRM, HA, DRS and Update Manager expertise; and a well-rounded understanding of related infrastructure such as IBM Storage Devices and Cisco Network Devices.
Experience in a large enterprise environment is also required.
Day-to-Day Tasks and Activities
• Maintain, support and troubleshoot all aspects of a large, complex VMware environment
• Provide direction to additional VMware support staff• Architect VMware solutions to meet customer requirements
• Provide and/or update technical documentation
Required and Highly Desired Skills
• 4+ years managing, supporting and architecting large, complex VMware solutions (i.e. 20 ESX Hosts)
• 2+ years with multiple VMware Clusters, HA, SRM and DRS
• 2+ years of demonstrated knowledge and skills using VMware scripting tool kits to automate virtual environment operations
• VMware vSphere 4 or 5 Certified
• Exp w/ complex network & security environments w/ multiple physically separate security zones, firewall rules, routing, VLANs, Private VLANs, VLAN trunking, hardware load balancers
• Experience with VMware vCenter Update Manager for upgrades/updates to hosts, virtual appliances and virtual machines
• Proven experience with vSphere upgrades from 4.x to 5 along with the ability to recommend the usage and implementation of new features in vSphere 5 such as sDRS within a working virtual environment
• Experience with the vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch including 3rd party soft switches• Experience with implementing and supporting VMware view 5
• Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager 4.1 and 5
• Experience with the requirements and Limitation of MSCS clusters in a virtual environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven documentation skills to include creating and updating detailed virtual environment design and installation documents
• Ability to mentor junior level staff within the VMware environment and develop Standard Operating Procedures for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly activities.
The following skills are considered Desired or Nice to have:
• VMware vCloud Director
• VMware vCenter Orchestrator
• VMware vCenter Operations Center
• Experience with IBM server and storage hardware such as the DS8xxx, XiV and NetApp