Digital Project Manager (closed)
Responsible for supporting our Digital business for related web-based applications (SmartSource.Com, Smart Sampling).
The Project Manager should be a self-starter capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously and have expertise in Web 2.0 and a strong user experience design discipline. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Management of resources and budget
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with third-party partners
- Responsible for ensuring that project tasks are properly defined, scoped and resourced; be proactive in anticipating, managing and communicating project risks and issues, and understanding, evaluating, resolving, and mitigating any and all obstacles
- Strong communication skills – provide regular project status updates showing progress, milestone and issues.
- Working knowledge and understanding of business process – define opportunities for improvement.
- Hands-on experience with web development technologies.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and disciplined Project Manager with 7+ years overall experience in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). The candidate should have a strong understanding of modern internet architecture including high availability, load management, content distribution networks, security, etc. In addition, other roles will include:
- Identify, define and document the business requirements and ensure agreement with key stakeholders.
- Establish an interactive relationships with relevant business sponsors
- Define current/future state process flows and document.
- Collaborate with internal, onshore and offshore consulting resources to ensure an accurate and quality implementation of business/system requirements
- Facilitate a robust user acceptance testing process.
- Collaborate with management to ensure effective project planning, tracking, and overall success of initiatives.
Depending on the landscape of business enhancements, you may manage multiple components within an application or an entire application/business process. Ability to work on cross-departmental project teams to deliver defined improvements is essential.
- 7+ years experience managing custom software application developments
- Proficient in project management skills. Strong business analysis, systems design and planning abilities
- Experience implementing web-based e-commerce applications.
- Systems Development Life Cycle and related management disciplines.
- Exposure working with multiple digital delivery solutions (mobile, tablet, video etc.) that may compliment web-based solutions.
- Experience with Content Management Systems, a plus.
- Experience leading multi-vendor, multi-national teams comprised of on and off shore resources
- Proficiency in problem solving and conflict resolution
- Proven track record of proactively identifying revenue opportunities relative to your area of responsibility.
- Exposure and/or hands-on technical background to include:
- Enterprise class database systems, preferably Oracle.
- Enterprise class middleware solutions, preferable Oracle Weblogics/Fusion Middleware.
- Unix operating systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree. PMI certification a plus.
- Ability to travel, if necessary.