- Provide Technical Support for the Plant Operations
- Will be assigned to a specific unit(s) within the Refinery with responsibilities of daily monitoring and troubleshooting of the area(s), process optimization, design and development of capital projects.
- Will work in a team environment with operators and engineers to maintain and troubleshoot problems as well as develop advanced applications for the process units.
- Small projects scope of work and working directly with Drafting and other Engineers in order to receive appropriate design and size of the equipment needed.
- Provide support for Process Catalysts and Chemicals bidding. Contacting Vendors for information and to provide Vendors with appropriate information.
- Assist in the planning of unit shutdowns and startups. Administer plant performance test runs as needed, provide any operational data or drawings required to vendors or maintenance if needed.
- Data performance tracking with spreadsheets or providing information to vendors.
- Provide information to Project Engineering for expansion purposes. Collect Lab Data or Operation Data to provide to the Project Engineering group or outside vendors.
- Work with Computer personnel with TDC/APC control system to help improve monitoring.
- Research and monitor upcoming technology changes to improve future strategies within the Refinery
- Ensure Safety, Environmental Compliance, Reliability, and Operating Excellence
- Ensure product specifications are being met
- Reduce down time, proper bidding and thorough planning
- Optimize the Process, Design and Development of Capital Projects
- Minimum of 2 years experience in oil refinery process engineering or operations
- Experience with capital and operating cost estimating and economic analysis is preferred
- Experience with flow sheet development, equipment selection and sizing, pressure relief system calculations, general hydraulic calculation, PHA, process simulations and process selection studies is highly desirable
- Possess the ability to set up and maintain unit monitoring spreadsheets that include mass, heat and material balances and conversion calculations. Strong computer skills with Excel, Word, and other Microsoft functions
- Knowledge and skills with HYSYS, PRO-II, PROMAX, VBA, MATLAB is preferred
- Have a good understanding of mechanical, machinery and towers
- Strong mathematical, reasoning, and problem solving understanding of P&ID’s and PFD’s
B.S. Chemical Engineering Degree; prefer M.S. Chemical Engineering