Solution Architect [#470]
Our client, a well-established start-up leader in its industry, is looking for a Solution Architect. Location can be Toronto or Montreal.
• Play a technical leadership role in all aspects of the project life cycle, from the sales meetings, the initial kickoff through the requirements analysis, design and implementation.
• Oversee analysis and documentation of business and interface requirements by assisting in requirements gathering/JAD sessions with business analysts and clients.
• Take a leadership position in solution designs including workflow and product modeling architecture.
• Create high-level designs and architecture of complex enterprise applications.
• Ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes through systems analysis and design, system modeling, performance modeling, integration planning and technology and component selection.
• Lead the creation/maintenance of coding guidelines and best practices to ensure efficient, reusable code is produced by the team and measured through regular configuration and code reviews.
• Conduct technical risk assessments.
• Collaborate with other Solution Architects and ensure knowledge transfer to project team resources, both client and internal personnel.
• Mentor and coach internal project team resources to ensure proper execution of client solutions.
• Provide input into Product Roadmap initiatives.
• Assist the Product Management organization with execution of product management processes and product development.
• Act as a catalyst for continued improvement in processes and tools.
• University degree in computer science or equivalent.
• 8+ years of software industry experience.
• 5+ years in solutions application design.
• Experience in developing synchronous and asynchronous interfaces using Java or C#, messaging, and web services.
• Experience with Servlets.
• Experience with one or several of the following application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS.
• Experience with one or several of the following databases: DB2, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL.
• Experience with one or several of the operating systems: Linux, AIX, Windows.
• Experience with the performance tuning of multi-tiers enterprise applications.
• Understanding of Web security issues and firewalls.
• Experience with estimation methodologies and processes and ability to estimate project work.
• Strong understanding of web-based application architecture, specifically J2EE, and design principles.
• Knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
• Familiar with the role of a Solution Architect as it relates to the project-based software development and software architecture principles.
• Strong client-facing, consulting and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and spoken English / communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to view and reconcile issues from multiple dimensions including: technical, business, short term and long term.
• Ability to sell ideas and designs to stakeholders.
• Comfortable and able to work with details as well as the big picture.
• Commitment to exceptional customer service.
• Knowledge of UML, cryptography, Web 2.0 techniques, and network design (asset).
• Background in Insurance or Financial Services (asset).
• Ideally bilingual (English a must, French an asset)
Job type: Permanent position
Compensation: According to experience
Location: Montreal or Toronto, Canada
Please apply @ http://www.alteo.ca/en/it-jobs.html
ABOUT ALTEO IT RECRUITING SERVICES
Alteo is a recruitment firm specialized in IT based in Montreal offering a full range of IT staffing solutions: recruitment of permanent IT professionals, staffing of IT consultants, head hunting. With more than 30 years of cumulated experience, our team of senior recruiters has the expertise to deliver superior results and meet the highest expectations. Thoroughness, discretion and confidentiality are at the core of our approach.