Nonprofit Housing Support Clerk (closed)
Scion Nonprofit Staffing (www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com) has been engaged to conduct a search for a contract, full-time Nonprofit Housing Support Clerk for our client, a prestigious nonprofit organization in San Francisco, CA.
This role relies heavily on communication and client engagement skills. The ability to quickly and accurately capture information will be key to success. Typing and both written and verbal mastery of the English language are essential.
A regular schedule of Tuesday ? Thursday (11 am ? 8 pm) and Friday ? Saturday (8 am ? 5 pm) offers exceptional stability in a structured yet open environment. Great opportunity for anyone looking to directly engage in a nonprofit mission by connecting with members of the local community.
Please note that there is no flexibility on the requirement of regular, consistent hours on Saturdays.
The Support Clerk will be responsible for the following, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Places outbound calls to phone numbers to at-risk community members with sufficient information to assist these potential clients in evaluating their needs and scheduling appointments.
- Guides clients and potential clients through steps of process to assist in finding appropriate resources and course of action.
- Responds to incoming calls, describes services to potential clients, evaluates clients? situations and schedules counseling appointments for clients as needed.
- Enters data into multiple electronic databases while observing time constraints and meeting deadlines?reliability and accuracy are key.
- Prepares materials to be mailed to clients and partners, utilizing stellar communication skills to help team members make judgment calls.
- Produces and faxes completion certificates for pre-purchase education clients. Verifies data input for certificates on computer system.
- Sorts and classifies HUD files in alphabetical order, utilizing organizational skills.
- Performs clerical duties assigned by Housing Program Supervisor as needed.
- High school diploma (equivalent).
- Verbal mastery of the English language; skill in communication with tact, professionalism, and warmth.
- Strong ability to capture information with reliability and attention to written language standards (grammar, spelling, formatting, tone, etc.); typing speed of 50 WPM or greater.
- Self-directed, with desire to approach all situations with decorum, ethics, and respect.
- Well-honed listening skills?counseling or coaching interest/skill highly sought.
- Organization and clerical skills.
- Efficiency and awareness of timelines.
- Comfort with Internet navigation and Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to successfully complete several assessments prior to start, inclusive of typing assessment, timed grammar exam, serviceability exam, and a writing sample.
- Success working both independently and within a team.
- Dependability and flexibility.
This role offers exception stability of hours for a part-time contract role with an hourly compensation of $14.43.
About our search firm:
|Scion Nonprofit Staffing specializes in providing executive search services and interim temporary staffing support exclusively for the nonprofit sector. Founded by nonprofit staffing experts and human resources professionals we understand how to effectively recruit for nonprofit organizations, foundations, and educational institutions. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionnonprofitstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.