SUBCONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR (closed)
Defense Search specializes in recruiting exclusively for the defense industry. We are currently seeking a Subcontract Admin for a growing Defense company. This position is based in Orange County, CA.
The Subcontract Admin will report to the Vice President of Contracts who is responsible for managing all aspects of Subcontracts functions. The successful candidate will work as part of the management team and must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidate will provide advice and guidance on various subcontracting issues and provide direction and leadership to less experienced staff. This person must have prior management experience; will attend all appropriate Operations and/or Business Unit-level meetings as required and actively engage with other members of the Procurement management and the management team, including remote locations. The successful candidate must also have experience in the following areas: Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of government subcontracting and contracting regulations; Ability to develop, communicate, and implement subcontracting strategies and plans in accordance with overall business unit strategies and objectives. Must have proposal experience to include; strategic sourcing, analyzing RFP and SOWs for risk, assist in developing risk mitigation strategies; ability to create and evaluate price/cost analysis, source selections, and develop negotiation plans; Develop and/or oversee the preparation of subcontract solicitation packages to support prime proposals, evaluate subcontractor proposals; Development of agreements (NDA, Teaming Agreements, and Subcontracts Agreements) to support program or proposal activity; Recommend team members and subcontractors to ensure successful teaming approach. Candidate will also ensure all efforts are performed in compliance with Corporate Procurement policies as well as Federal Government regulations. The Subcontract admin will further:
* Possess the ability to multi-task, work under pressure situations, and strong interpersonal and communication skills both internally and externally.
* Need to develop, negotiate and administer subcontracts of a complex and high dollar value risk, and complexity consistent with customer requirements and IEC procurement policies and procedures.
* Work more than forty hours per week in Procurement especially during proposals can be expected.
The Subcontract Admin will lead an Engineering group of 8-10 people and the qualified candidate will possess the following:
* Bachelor's Degree (in Business Administration or a related field)
* 8+ years related procurement experience to include management
* In depth understanding and experience in procurement policies, procedures, regulations, FAR, negotiations and contract management.
* Proven organizational and leadership skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Experience with Deltek/CostPoint procurement module is highly desirable.
* Proficient in word processing, electronic spreadsheet, analysis techniques and workstation tools.
* Deltek CostPoint experience is desired.
* International subcontracting experience is desired.
* Knowledge of high technology electronics desirable.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com or call 858.487.0507.
More information can be found at www.defensesearchusa.com.