Mechanical/Field Engineer (closed)
Facilities Engineer for midstream oil and gas production and transportation energy projects needed ASAP. Candidate will be based in Minot, North Dakota and responsibilities will include travel to field sites and occasional travel to Denver office.
Detailed-oriented Engineer must have the ability to perform engineering and design functions for typical and complex pipeline pumping, compressor stations, liquid and gas storage, plant and metering facilities in accordance with industry codes such as, but not limited to ASME B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8 and DOT CFR 49 sections 192 and 195, including local, state and federal regulations.
- Manage the project scope of work, budget and schedule as it applies to the Mechanical Facilities discipline.
- Provide sketches, calculation and design for high pressure mechanical equipment such as compression, pumps, valves, tanks, vessels, separators, and piping
- Prepare the appropriate technical equipment data sheets and specifications for review and approval
- Evaluate vendor’s documentation, drawings and technical bids and provide the necessary recommendations
- Provide technical oversight of the requisitioning and procurement of applicable equipment packages
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of P&IDs, Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment and Piping
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, PSM (HAZOPs), and modeling sessions
- Ensure consistency, quality and timeliness of Mechanical discipline deliverables
- 7-10 years of engineering experience in Oil & Gas, Mining or Refinery
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT Certification with ability to obtain PE registration
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- B.S. degree with Metallurgical or Materials Engineering focus
- Prior engineering, detailed design and feasibility study experience
- PE license preferred