SQL Developer (closed)
Summary: Responsible for developing and maintaining web applications, basic database creation and maintenance, and following a SDLC process. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Design, develop and code various SQL stored procedures and queries for EDMC reports and web based applications and ensure projects are implemented on schedule.
- Serve as secondary technical liaison between the business units and IT for development projects.
- Maintain existing procedures and reports on various sites and update content as required on the sites through administration tools.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the most current industry technology, tools and trends to implement improvements and ensure the currency of the Company's use of technology.
- Coordinate multiple projects with tight, inflexible deadlines and monitor site performance to identify and modify areas that require improvement.
- Design, analyze and implement change requests to ensure that the needs of the clients are implemented on schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Director of Technology
Interacts With: Various members of the it team
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
a) A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field.
b) Two to five years of database development experience (SQL Server mandatory, Oracle/Teradata/ Postgres desired).
c) Experience with QlikView, SSIS, and SSRS (SSAS a plus).
d) An understanding of project management and creating process flowcharts is desired.
a) Excellent communication skills, including experience in preparing written and oral reports.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with supervisor and staff populations.
c) Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
d) Solid programming skills in tools such as QlikView script, VB Script, and SQL Server.
a) Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.