Proposal Manager (closed)
STG, Inc. is seeking a solution-oriented, high-energy business- and proposal-savvy individual to serve as a hands-on Proposal Manager on major or strategic, high-visibility proposals to department of defense, civil, and intelligence agencies of the Federal Government. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the solution is contained in the proposal documents and oral presentations in a creative, compelling, and compliant manner.
This individual will be expected to:
- Take end-to-end ownership and command of proposal development and related support processes, including down-select questions, written proposals, oral presentations, Evaluation Notices (ENs), Final Proposal Revisions (FPR), etc.
- Proactively develop, maintain, and continuously apply the STG proposal planning process for each proposal, to include outlines, storyboards, themes, action items, etc.
- Write and synthesize proposal/marketing narrative in near-real time as required. Leverage existing archived proposal information.
- Develop targeted questions and interview technical and programmatic staff to extract the critical information necessary to develop technical and managerial solutions.
- Provide detailed guidance to proposal writers/contributors within STG and its subcontractors.
- Communicate proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, as appropriate.
- Remain current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
- Participate proactively in advancing STG proposal knowledge management processes.
In addition, as part of an integrated team comprised of Business Development Directors, Capture Managers, and proposal support staff:
- Work with the Capture Managers to develop and articulate technical, management, and phase-in solutions.
- Lead and proactively participate in the development of oral presentation slide concepts and scripting. The focus is on the solution development and script development, not on the production, documentation, and process elements. Those are necessary, but not sufficient.
- In concert with the Capture Manager, plan, coordinate the schedule for, select the membership of, and lead effective, results-driven storyboarding/storylining, kickoff, and review meetings. Be proactive in the conceptualization and development of strategic win themes and discriminators.
- Define and manage the proposal response schedule in conjunction with the Capture Manager.
- Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes. Responsible for accuracy and quality.
The Proposal Manager must be knowledgeable of the federal proposal process, and be extremely hands-on in the development of solution frameworks as well as proposal text and graphics concepts. Critical attributes include exceptional communication, teamwork, flexibility, organizational capacity, ability to motivate, and a “do-whatever-it-takes” attitude. Successful candidate should expect to work a considerable amount of additional time on extremely short notice. That candidate must handle competition-sensitive information appropriately. Travel is required as necessary.
Minimum of 12 years of progressive experience specifically as a Proposal Manager and solutions developer (not Proposal Coordinator) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume proposal environment for a federal support services contracting firm.
- Track record of winning funded performance-based, $25M+ contracts at a minimum, $100M and larger contracts preferred
- Must have the management skills required to direct and orchestrate large, multi-contractor proposal team efforts.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal narrative and oral presentation slides from scratch as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing communications, or an IT/engineering-related discipline required, Master’s degree is a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office business applications required. Working knowledge of Privia preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Interim Secret clearance.