Quality Engineer, Lean Manufacturing (closed)
Ann Arbor, MI
- Drive common global manufacturing project submission and approval process.
- Work with plants to improve Safety, Morale, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Drive common processes throughout the global organization working with plant and regional resources.
- Transfer knowledge and best practices between global locations.
- Support the development and implementation of the Tecumseh Production System.
- Ensure new manufacturing equipment is designed to produce to S, M, Q, D, C standards, including sufficient process error proofing.
- Improve the flexibility of manufacturing processes.
- Bring new technology and innovative ideas to the organization to improve manufacturing processes.
- Lead plant activities associated with global footprint initiatives.
- Provide the Voice of Manufacturing in the product launch process.
- Drive cost reductions in manufacturing operations.
- Experience and training in Lean Manufacturing.
- Product launch or plant consolidation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Willingness to travel globally up to 70% of time.
- At least 10 years of experience working in a lean environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Automotive experience.
- French language.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Master's Degree.