Operations Leader (9421) (closed)
Operations Leader – Operations Manager
Location: Kansas City, KS
The Operations Manager is accountable for providing our production lines and associated processes. The successful candidate must have strong leadership skills, a passion for safety while driving a zero accident culture, zero customer complaints, employee engagement, impeccable housekeeping and drive the change needed to meet business objectives.
The successful candidate must have a strong sense of personal commitment towards the business and its customers; a drive for total business success through personal enthusiasm and a must succeed attitude; an ability to foster teamwork throughout the organization; communicate effectively and openly at all levels with equal balance between listening and talking; and a focus on employee development via challenging employees while also raising the bar. The candidate must build a culture of mutual trust, respect and accountability in a union environment. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to motivate and enroll employees in the Plant’s business strategy and deliver results.
The position reports directly to the plant leader and is an integral partner in executing the operations strategy for the plant.
Other expectations are:
• Accountable for employee safety, cost reduction programs, productivity, product quality, employee growth and development and sustainability.
• Cultivate a customer focused culture
• Ensure exceptional operational performance
• Set clear and measurable performance expectations, in line with Plant, Divisional and Corporate Goals
• Increase the value of the enterprise by identifying and eliminating waste to improve productivity and cash flow through continuous improvement efforts and lean methodologies
• Demonstrate commitment for building a work environment that nurtures and facilitates open communication, employee engagement and diversity
• Leads with a clear view of where the organization needs to be in 1-3 years and consistently delivers day-to-day results to achieve that view
• A minimum of 7 years of manufacturing experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering is required, Advanced degree preferred.
• Six Sigma Certification and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Experience in working with unionized operations
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) is a leading global producer of residential and commercial building materials, glass-fiber reinforcements and engineered materials for composite systems. A Fortune® 500 Company for 57 consecutive years, Owens Corning is committed to driving sustainability by delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology with sales of $5.3 billion in 2011 and about 15,000 employees in 28 countries on five continents. Additional information is available at www.owenscorning.com.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.