Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Reports to: Marketing Communications Manager
The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for taking various Product Category and Communications briefs and generating unique, creative and original copy ideas that garner attention and facilitate clear communication with various target markets. This includes creating positioning statements, taglines, slogans, body copy, jingles and scripts. These creative assets will be utilized in a variety of hardcopy digital marketing communications vehicles that include sales literature, packing, presentations, e-mails, websites, newsletters, public relations materials and advertising.
The position will also responsible for:
- Category Marketing Asset Development and Support – responsible for developing product content from product launch communications briefs that is factually correct, complies with accepted codes of advertising practice and will support various mar com activities. All efforts will ensure consistency and accuracy of the company’s voice. This involves liaising with peers in order to interpret briefs and working effectively as part of a product team. The timely production of necessary product content will support the following mar com projects such as cartons, mylars, demo pages, point of sale, catalog copy, advertising bullets, huddle brochures, web pages and any other collateral or marketing materials as required, by stated deadlines and within budget. These efforts require working with multiple groups including BIL, agencies, MarCom, Channel Marketing and Sales.
- Channel Asset Development and Support – develop and leverage content to support various channel member mar com vehicles.
- Contribute to overall Mar Com strategy development and implementation.
- Content Testing – implement an ongoing system to test content communication elements that will support improved future communications.
- Miscellaneous Projects – develop and leverage content to support various divisional projects.
- 5 to 8 years of copywriting experience involving B to B and B to C.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to package and deliver clear, persuasive, original company content that resonates with various target audiences in a unique and competitively differentiating way.
- Brand Strategy and implementation support experience desired and preferred.
- Ability to work closely with agency partners to architect and implement the overall look and feel of the outbound consumer communications materials and website offerings.
- Candidate should have effective interaction skills. Must be able to create and deliver ideas and concepts in an effective manner as well as be comfortable speaking to different audiences including end users, sales, channel, etc.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must, especially as it relates to proof reading for spelling and grammar.
- Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Should be a proactive, organized, self-starter, fast learner, able to work independently, possess strong follow-through abilities, a team player who works effectively with many constituencies, willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done and work extended business hours.
- Portfolio of various writing examples required for review.
HIGHLY DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience and familiarity with hi-technology office products industry involving retail and commercial marketplaces.
- Brand Strategy and implementation support experience.
- Proficiency in programs such as In Design.
- Previous substantial exposure to marketing communications (advertising, PR, digital programs), channel programming and product development functions.
BA or BS degree in English or Journalism or appropriate Business area related discipline, or equivalent experience. Marketing or related discipline preferred, or equivalent experience.