National Account Manager - Wireless #2170 (closed)
Increase sales by expanding sales to new and existing US wireless/cellular accounts. Train and manage a team of Account Managers, Sales Representatives and Customer Service Representatives as required to service accounts. Maintain thorough knowledge of industry products and services. Develop and implement new methods and approaches for increasing business. Create proposals, negotiate agreements, establish pricing for customers. Interface with Purchasing, Marketing, Product Management, Production and Accounting departments regarding product needs, lead times, and credit issues.
• Service existing accounts thoroughly, technically, and administratively.
• Expand sales to existing accounts through new and existing products and services.
• Establish pricing procedures and quotes using product price lists or experience and knowledge of cost and market conditions with manager approval.
• Establish and maintain an excellent rapport and business relationship with major customers.
• Develop new methods and approaches for increasing sales and products carried by customers.
• Prioritize and concentrate efforts on most important accounts.
• Provide direct supervision and training to Sales Representatives. Implement team concept with assigned Sales Representatives and Customer Service Representatives to meet responsibilities of the job. Responsible for all aspects of assigned accounts.
• Assist management in direction if increased customer service, revenue and gross profit support.
• Focus efforts on meeting or exceeding individual and team goals/quotas.
• Assist management in direction of new product, marketing, pricing, policy, and procedures development.
• Communicate ideas, challenges, problems as they arise.
• Contribute to a healthy, happy, productive company environment.
• Know the product line thoroughly and continue to learn more as possible.
• Perform all duties of Sales Representatives as required.
• Perform all other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience Requirements
• High school diploma or the equivalent.
• Minimum of six months experience as an Account Manager or equivalent product knowledge and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve quota and service accounts with $5 million in sales.
• Thorough knowledge of computer industry.
• Familiarity with computers.
• Pleasant and professional telephone manner and present a positive professional image.
• Ability to convey ideas clearly in written form and to proofread documents.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to meet company and personal goals, meet deadlines, use effective selling techniques, excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to supervise, motivate and train others.
• Maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Demonstrated ability to service major accounts on a local, national or corporate level with little or no supervision and direction from senior management.
1. High school diploma or the equivalent.
2. 2+ years of experience as an Account Manager selling into the wireless carrier market.
3. Demonstrated ability to achieve quota and service accounts with $5 million in sales.