Director - Software Development (closed)
Director of Application Development
We are searching for a hands on Director of Development to manage a team of five to eight developers responsible for the creation of our industry leading product.
Who are we looking for? Someone who:
- Is hands-on, and will also develop alongside other developers he/she manages.
- Loves to make customers and users happy.
- Is self-motivated, productive, and works well even without formal structure.
- Is curious about things and desires to do stuff better, faster, more efficient.
- Completes quality work on time.
- Communicates well with technical and non-technical people, both written and orally.
- Helps make our team and teammates better.
You should have experience with:
- Managing a team of at least five developers for several years
- Full software development & support lifecycle
- Reliable software development methodology
- Recruiting and mentoring developers
- Managing software development budgets
Technically, you should have experience with:
- Architecting, developing and deploying high-scale, secure web applications.
- Javscript, particularly expert-level with frameworks and tools like jQuery, Ext JS and Google Closure.
- Java and associated web application frameworks.
- HTML + CSS.
- Modern development environments, including distributed source control systems like Mercurial.
- Broad software development responsibility, including design, development, testing and support.
- Some Linux/Unix and Windows server admin skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Use of and contribution to open source projects
- JBoss-based Java server application w/ MySQL DBMS and ActiveMQ messaging
- Flash with real-time VOIP & Flash Media Server
- Experience with Windows .NET Client technologies such as Windows Presentation Foundation
- Opportunity to work with a great team with broad business development experience.
- Progressive company with a strong drive for excellence and success.
- Compensation consisting of salary and equity participation.