Escalation Engineer @ Microsoft (closed)
Do you enjoy working with network protocols? Are you passionate about interoperable solutions across various OS and device combinations? Are you looking for an opportunity to bring your knowledge and passion of open source technologies to Microsoft?
As an Escalation Engineer (EE) on the protocols team, you will work directly with 3rd party developers ranging from small and large open source development projects to Fortune 100 corporations. Protocol EEs have the opportunity to work closely with Microsoft's partners, including opportunities to debug some of the most successful open source projects under development today, by working with them face to face at Microsoft hosted plug-fests and Interoperability labs as well a spartner sponsored events. Protocol EEs also get to work closely with numerous product groups and interoperability teams to ensure that Microsoft succeeds in the interoperability initiative. On a daily basis you will get to solve challenging network protocol problems using a variety of resources and tools and have the opportunity to choose additional stretch projects that advance the overall interoperability effort.
For more information about the Microsoft Protocol Programs, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/protocols
Skill Profiles Needed
- · Fluent in reading and writing programs in C and C++.
- · Strong experiences working with network architecture and protocols including TCP/IP and RPC.
- · Experience reading and analyzing network traces.
- · Experience providing clear instructions and communicating complex technical information via email and phones.
- · Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Nice to Have Skills
- · One year or more experience troubleshooting network software infrastructures; ideally non-Windows based network software infrastructures. Experience with Windows networking is a bonus.
- · Knowledge of additional network protocols such as SMB, or Kerberos.
- · Familiarity working with User Mode/Kernel Debugging
- · Experience and knowledge of Windows architecture.
- · Previous support experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
Answer highly-complex customer questions about network protocols used in Microsoft products including TCP/IP, SMB, RDP, and RPC. This will involve analyzing network traces, verifying the correctness of protocol specifications, and using a variety of sophisticated troubleshooting tools.
Work as a member of a team to solve customer questions, but also take individual responsibility to see that each question or issue is fully resolved.
Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft
Facebook under "Microsoft Customer Service and Support"