Data Scientist (closed)
This Hirestrategy client is one of the top 10 game developers on Facebook with over 6 million monthly active users. They are a growing startup team within the parent company, which is owned by major players in the entertainment industry with offices in the heart of San Francisco and Washington DC. The company has a very high bar for engineers and a developer centric environment. With a swank new office, tons of whiteboards and a cornucopia of gaming options they really offer an amazing company culture.
Is this job right for you? Like Alex Trebek, you will be providing both the answers and the questions. Treasure hunters are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking a passionate statistician who can help us to better organize, analyze and optimize our big data environment. Are you excited about Matrix decomposition algorithms, distributed computing, statistical analysis, algorithms and data structures? Contact us!
· Answer other people?s questions with ad-hoc queries and reports (?reactive? analysis).
· Answer your own questions and hypotheses (?proactive? analysis).
· Ensure that everyone in the company has their daily data, and teach them how to use it.
· You will need to be able to articulate pros and cons of various analytical approaches and models to statisticians, software developers, and company executives.
· Design new dashboards and reports, and drive adoption (note: sometimes involves nagging).
· Ensure that our games are successful, fun, and addicting.
· Conduct predictive analyst and design/tune clustering algorithms
· A passion for games and using technology to let people have fun.
· 5+ years experience in a data analyst, financial analyst or a similar role performing quantitative, statistical or financial analysis.
· Ability to explain statistical models and their benefits to non-statisticians.
· Experience with Vertica, Tableau, SPSS, SAS, and/or R.
· Complete fluency writing SQL queries, even the gnarly ones.
· Experience in at least one BI or data warehousing platform.
· You are so good at Excel that when you open it, you can see the 65537th row.
· Excellent communications and persuasion skills. (Sometimes people don?t want to listen to the data, and you need to be able to convince them otherwise.)
Nice to Have
· Experience in the gaming industry.
· Graduate degree in business, MIS, statistics, or finance.
· Good at HALO.