Linux Systems Administrator (closed)
The Linux Systems Administrator will be a member of the Systems Operations team supporting a growing company through Linux server administration, clustered systems configurations and network planning to support an exciting and dynamic company with an energetic start-up culture. We are on the bleeding edge of technology and need a dynamic, flexible and intelligent team member to help us reach the next level.
Primary responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
ñ Manage deployed base of Linux systems in production environment
ñ Manager clusters running Hadoop and Map Reduce in Amazon Web Services
ñ Manage distributed data stores running noSQL solutions such as Cassandra across multi data centers
ñ Provide project team support in system configuration and troubleshooting
ñ Participate in 24/7 on-call schedule to ensure smooth operation of all systems
ñ Assist in diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and network issues
ñ Assist in implementation of network security measures to protect data software and hardware
ñ Support the build and release efforts of software engineers who develop code in Java, C++ and Ruby on Rails
ñ Work cooperatively across the organization to identify and implement new ideas
ñ Administer open source solutions such as Apache, Tomcat, Cassandra and Hadoop
The job requires a self-directed team player with a strong customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal/communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt to changing priorities. Qualifications include:
- 5 years of demonstrable success in production level Linux systems administration in a web/online environment
- Experience with maintaining production datacenter systems and networks
- Working knowledge of host monitoring and network security
- Experience with CentOS/Red Hat or derivatives
- Proficient bash or perl at the intermediate level
- Self starter and quick learner. Eager to learn new technologies.
- Preference for open source solutions.
Experience with any or all of the following is a plus:
- Experience managing Cisco switches and ASA firewalls
- MySQL administration
- Experience with event-driven job scheduling
- Load balancing technologies such as A10, Netscaler or F5
ChoiceStream’s personalized marketing and advertising solutions are proven to increase revenue and customer engagement for today’s leading brands. For more than 10 years, companies like AT&T, Zappos, Tesco, Ticketmaster and MTV have relied on ChoiceStream to create a more engaging, personally relevant experience for their consumers. By transforming shopping behavior and media consumption into intelligence about a consumer’s unique preferences, ChoiceStream is able to help today’s biggest brands target their most qualified prospects with the right advertisement, email promotion and product recommendation.