Events Manager/Trade Show Specialist (closed)
Client : Leading Aerospace
Job Title : Events Manager/Trade Show Specialist (ID: 33326)
Location : St. Charles, IL 60174
Duration : 6 Months (High possibility of extension)
The Events Manager will be responsible for providing leadership in events, working with marketing communications, marketing, sales and senior management on the successful planning, execution and follow-up on all types of external and internal events. The purpose of this role is to promote System Sensor US, a leading manufacturer of smoke detection and fire notification devices as well as provide effective employee events and activities. The position is based in St. Charles, IL.
This position will plan and execute a variety of effective events and activities including trade shows, sales meeting, conferences, executive management meetings, hospitality events, product launches, training sessions, corporate visits and events, training events and promotions. You will also provide general marketing and communications support for various activities of the company as assigned by the Director, Marketing Communications. You will be responsible for developing event strategy, ensuring a customer focus, managing to a deadline and budget, and interfacing between internal customers, peers and vendors. You will be required to perform both as an organizer as well as at a hands-on level with event planning, set-up and implementation.
1. Manage the overall organization and execution of events.
2. Develop and manage the annual events calendar.
3. Develop event programs to meet marketing and sales objectives.
4. Drive all aspects of event planning and execution including research, budgets, vendor negotiations, site selection, event deliverables, speaker arrangements, logistics, communications, audience acquisition, staffing, contingency planning and lead management.
5. Manage exhibit house, promotional products and other vendor relationships.
6. Negotiate contracts with external vendors as needed on a per event basis.
7. Report on event status and evaluate event success and areas of improvement.
8. Work with marketing communications staff and vendors on support needed
9. Develop and maintain relationships with senior management, marketing, marketing communications, human resources, and sales teams.
10. Assist in development of communications strategy and objectives for each event.
11. Keep strict controls and monitoring of event budgets.
12. Have excellent time management and organizational skills
13. Be commercially aware and customer-focused
14. Be innovative and creative to distinguish your event from the competition
15. Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and outgoing
16. Assist in other projects as required.
• Associates Degree is required.* Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years event planning experience is required.*
• Up to 30% out of town / overnight travel is required.*
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organization skills is required.*
• A certification in meeting and event planning is required.*
• Solid understanding of project management tools a plus.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with short timeframes.
• Proven experience negotiating contracts and managing vendors to secure the best pricing and service.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
A CMMI Level 5 Organization