Sr. Android Developer (closed)
Android. Android. Android. Smartphones and tablets and lots of Google created desserts. Android is the fastest growing mobile platform, and you have the opportunity to work on it with my client.
They’re looking for a mobile developer who wants to create experiences that are innovative, that users love, and that help contribute in meaningful ways to the growth of our business. My client has a solution that brings the mobile and web worlds together seamlessly for users to synchronize phone functionality and content, synthesize it in an easy to use private web app, and socialize it with friends through their favorite web sites. You will have the opportunity to work on an upcoming release and take ownership of key areas as part of a great team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, design and develop Android applications in conjunction with mobile handset development.
- Analyze mobile application requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consult with handset manufacturing engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate the operational and performance requirements of the phones.
- Design and develop the user interface by analyzing the customer experience.
- Formulate and design communication between software systems and Android handsets, using mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct Android application testing procedures, programming and documentation.
- Coordinate with handset development on building and shipping the Android applications.
- BS in computer science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience with Java
- 2+ years experience developing for J2ME
- 2+ years experience developing for Android
- Strong knowledge of and experience using object-oriented design techniques, design patterns, etc.
- Broad experience in several functional areas including networking, user interface, and graphics.
- Sensitivity to issues of performance, software quality, and platform requirements (e.g. memory) in embedded platforms such as mobile handsets.
- Knowledge of BlackBerry, Symbian, BREW, Windows Mobile, Palm, or embedded Linux platforms.
- Experience with mobile application certification programs such as Symbian Signed, JVP, TrueBREW, UTI.
- Experience working on agile teams
- Experience with TDD
- Hands-on experience with wireless technologies such as WAP, Push-IMAP, iMode
- Experience with data synchronization systems (e.g. SyncML) is a plus