Java Developer/Tech Lead (closed)
- Java Web Services developer/Tech Lead
- Newark, DE
As an Application Developer/Analyst/Lead, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments for the Investment Bank's Mortgage Securities Trading Business specially trade entry and middle office functions. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures
- Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to ensure applications are suitably fit for use and admissible for maintenance/upgrades
- Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards
Technical Skills (Required):
- 5 Years of application development/programming work preferably at a large financial institution doing similar work
- 5+ years of design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- 5+ years of experience in a client server environment
- 5+ years of experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
- 5+ years of experience with Java.
- 3+ years of experience working with Server Side Web Services using Apache Axis 2/ CXF/ /Spring-WS
- 3+ years of experience using Apace Spring Framework, Hibernate/Ibatis
- 3+ years of experience working in both Unix and Windows environments.
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment.
- Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
- Strong working knowledge of Sybase RDBMS or any other RDBMS
Additional Skills Requested (PLUS):
- 3+ years of experience with a J2EE Application Server (preferably tomcat).
- 2+ years of experience working with XML, XSLT, SOAP, HTML, JAXB
- 2+ years of experience with JMS and Messaging Products (preferably MQ).
- Exposure to Open Source technologies (Maven, Subversion, Ant,Junit, XDoclet, Log4J).
- Experience in financial industry