Technical Support Engineers in Cape Town (Perm) (closed)
Position: Technical Support Engineers in Cape Town (Perm)
Client: They strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By offering clients more of what they want – affordable prices, vast selection and convenience – they continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Description of role
Learn and use ground breaking technologies. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solution to customer’s individual needs. Work directly with IT architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues. Manage the communication with end users during critical events. Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal teams on how to improve their services.
Skills and knowledge:
- Comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing;
- Previous experience as System Administrator working with Linux, Unix or Windows Servers;
- Good knowledge of networking (DNS, TCP/IP);
- Experience with database MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL;
- Programming/scripting – Java, Perl, Ruby, C# and/or PHP;
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocol, SSH, Netowrk;
- Experience with Monitoring/Troubleshooting tools
- Exposure to Virtualization (VWware,Xen, Hypervisor) and Cloud computing
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks in transaction intensive systems connected to the internet.
Our Client will appreciate your will and ability in developing and learning new things.
Applicants for above position at first stage will have telephone interview, followed by face to face interview, which take place over 4 hour period. This can be via Skype or at client office nearest to where the candidate lives.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa. Without exaggerating Cape Town is one of the best cities in the world. With one of the world’s 7 natural wonders as its backdrop, surrounded by beaches, sporty and sociable, becomes wonderful place to live.
Languages: Fluent in English.
Salary: Attractive depending on experience.
If this sounds appealing to you, please send to Tanya Todorova your resume in word format, a cover letter with salary expectation and notice period at email@example.com
Take your chances and apply today. Client will assist candidates who are moving from abroad and will arrange work visa if need it.