Unix System Administrator (closed)
Unix Systems Administrators
In support of a federal agency, provide systems administrator services; monitoring Linux servers, UNIX/Linux server maintenance, virtualization, backups, DNS administration, scripting and technical documentation. This position requires candidates to have current TS security clearance.
* Maintaining and monitoring Linux servers on mission critical secure network.
* Install approved software and patches
* Monitor system usage and performance.
* Operating system (OS) installs, patching, and maintenance on workstations and servers.
* Installation and configuration of multi-user applications.
* Installation and configuration using non-standard hardware requirements.
* Scripting, scheduling, reporting, maintaining documentation, and configuration control.
* Be cognizant of Linux and/or Windows virtualization methods and the use of a hypervisor.
* Administer daily applications and data backups for UNIX/Linux and Windows servers and workstations.
* Setup and configure wireless applications and secure VPN networks for Windows and/or Linux projects.
* Develop and recommend secure network configurations to meet security requirements.
* Installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and sell script programming.
* 3-5 years’ experience with UNIX system administration, including system installations, printing systems, security, installing third-party software
* Strong technical skills and familiarity with UNIX workstation and server administration
* Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux based OS; understand paging and swapping, device drivers, and file systems.
* Familiarity with Solaris/Red Hat Systems
* Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
* Actice/current TS/SCI