Helpdesk / Desktop Support Technician - MCP or MCSE Certification (closed)
ComputerWorks Technologies has an immediate opening for Helpdesk / Service Desk Support Technician.
The technical Consultant shall provide service desk technical support for Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS).
? Network Client ? Assist staff with upgrades, patch testing and installation, troubleshooting, and support.
? Desktop Software Support ? Install software, configure, troubleshoot, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat, MS Outlook, and other applications as needed.
? Desktop Hardware Support ? Install hardware, configure, troubleshoot and repair for desktop computer systems and peripheral devices including printers, CD-Rom drives, DVD drives, handheld systems, scanners, USB serial attachments, etc.
? Enterprise Application Support via telephone ? Receive calls at the Service Desk workforce members requesting assistance with various supported applications including GroupWise e-mail, Learning Management System, and Blackberry Enterprise Server. Use remote management tools to repair problems on desktop and laptop systems, reset passwords, and perform maintenance on systems.
? Mentoring and Knowledge Transfer ? Work with technical staff and facilitate the transition of support responsibilities to technical staff and document the knowledge base tracking system.
1. Two (2) years experience, within the last three (3) years, maintaining Microsoft Windows 7, Windows XP Pro, and MS Office 2003 through 2010.
2. Two (2) years experience, within the last three (3) years, supporting and troubleshooting IBM compatible desktop hardware.
3. Two (2) years experience, within the last three (3) years, supporting and troubleshooting network connections using TCP/IP protocols.
4. One (1) year experience, within the last two (2) years with all of the following: a. Using Service Desk work order tracking software.
a. Supporting imaging software.
b. Supporting and troubleshooting printer network configurations.
c. Active Directory.
d. MS Outlook.
e. Monitoring tools for workstations and network printers.
5. MCSE or MCP Certification
6. A plus to have!- One (1) year experience maintaining Novell GroupWise 7.0 to 8.0 clients.
Please provide two references for good attendance for two past jobs/projects within the past two (2) years. Contact person?s name and phone number must be current.
Pay Rate: Market
Work Hours: 40 hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Optional Health/Vision Insurance
Since the job needs to be filled immediately please email your resume as soon as possible.
We will contact you on receipt.