VP Customer Service (closed)
VP Customer Service
To be considered for this role you must apply to the role via the following link:
Vice President – Customer Service
Excellent Compensation and benefits package
Our client is a fast growing multi-million dollar global manufacturer and distributor of specialty consumer durable products that is seeking to fill a new role on their operations team to help them facilitate and support their growing North American sales.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This is a key leadership position on our client’s senior leadership team reporting directly to the President. This position will require an experienced customer service driven leader that is able to drive results in a fast paced and demanding growth environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to lead the business’s North American customer service /returns operation and deliver results in order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, cost, and inventory management.
- This role will be responsible for the effective leadership of the North American customer service and call center operations which are key to the business’s growth initiatives and customer/distributor expectations and relationships.
- This role will have management leadership responsibly for all North American call center operations, including customer service and returners management.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring customer support and service objectives are achieved including customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, order entry execution, service levels, backlog levels, return rates and other customer service centric metrics as appropriate.
- This role will be responsible for the management, development and training of a team of professionals responsible for retaining and growing the existing customer/distributor account base by employing proactive customer service methodologies, focused on demonstrating value and service to customers and distributors.
- This role will be responsible for the seamless integration of the North American customer service and returns operation into the business’s sourcing, order planning, order fulfillment, distribution planning and execution.
- This role will be responsible for the development and enhancement of customer facing e-commerce tools to help enhance customer service, order fulfillment execution and returns management.
- This role will be responsible for the introduction of advance customer service, continuous improvement, call-center/e-commerce tools/methodologies in order to help the business deliver results in order fulfillment, customer satisfaction, cost, and inventory management
- This role will be responsible driving operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives across the business’s North American call-center and customer service/returns operations.
- This role will ensure the effective leverage, utilization, and implementation of its operating systems related to SAP and WMS systems tied to the management of the business North American customer service and returns operations.
- This role will be responsible for the preparation of annual budgets, business plans, and operating goals/objectives for the North American customer service and returns operation’s annual strategic plans.
- This role will have responsibility for the submission of financial and other management score-card metric information to senior leadership and maintaining a “no surprises” environment.
- This role will have responsibility for the management of people resources through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques.
- This role will document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas across the business’s customer service network to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Technical Requirements:
- BS in Engineering, Supply Chain, IT or Business Management
- MBA a plus
- 7+ Years of professional experience related to customer service/call center operations, supply chain and/or order fulfillment management execution.
- 5+ Years’ experience direct leadership responsibly for customer service and call-center operations
- Strong background in the management of all customer services functions (call-center management, e-commerce and order entry/fulfillment management)
- Strong experience leveraging SAP or other enterprise systems in a customer service and call-center management setting
- Strong background leveraging contemporary supply chain, logistics and continuous improvement tools / methodologies to drive customer fulfillment, quality, cost, inventory management and safety.
- Solid project management skills, team facilitation skills, and excellent communication skills
Position Critical to Quality + Success (CTQ+S): Behavioral Requirements:
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Takes feedback and criticism well in order to improve self and operational performance
- Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and process focus
- Accountable, self-motivated, hand-on, dynamic, and passionate leadership style
- Ability to work in a fast paced results focused demanding entrepreneurial environment.