Senior Scientist, Process Development (closed)
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find Sr Scientist with experience managing process development of biological products through to commercialization. Exciting new opportunity to make an impact on the development of new life saving products. Who Do You Know?
This position is responsible for overseeing the development of robust and efficient processes for extracting and purifying recombinant proteins expressed in plant tissue or other expression media and scaling them up for production. This position Manages and plans for process development needs for projects and Outlines process development methodology for projects.
• Suggest and develop methods for the production, purification, fermentation, and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products
• Improve manufacturing techniques and new process equipment production
• Develop, optimizes and implements process steps for protein purification and implements methods for analysis of purification fractions
• Manage personnel and the activities in downstream process development, including training, materials control, investigations, and supplier qualification
• Prepare publications and oral presentations, as requested
• Write technical and scientific reports, protocols, study reports and related documentation
The qualified candidate will have:
• MS or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering or other related discipline
• 8+ years experience in Research and development experience that enables product development and/or scale up of processes from bench to commercial scale production
• Demonstrated knowledge of vaccine development, cell culture methods, downstream purification processes, and analytical tools
• Experience in small and large scale manufacturing
• Competence in plant and cell-based protein production, including post-translational modifications
• Experience in leading technical teams in research and development and/or engineering
• Effective written and oral communication skills
Industry: Biotherapeutics, vaccine, cell culture, GMP, scale up, Scientist, R&D, Process Development, protein, post-translational, downstream purification, analytical
Job Code: 352-41-MH2322
Apply directly at: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6F361D43515B7D52182B77571B68482A77
Don't wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
The Wellington Group ( http://www.twgrecruiters.com ) 910-338-2795