PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (closed)
First Call is looking to fill a Production Supervisor position for a Plastic Manufacturing facility in Alexandria, Indiana.
This is a 12 hour rotating shift
- Develop and maintain Team Member accountability for all issues identified in accordance to plant policies / procedures / labor agreement.
- Manage & approve time of subordinates utilizing timekeeping system.
- Interpret company policy / details of collective bargaining agreement to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Communicate daily with the team.
- Correct and improve actions in the respective area with regard to employee engagement.
- Complete safety audits and champion 24 Hour Report and 8-Ds for any and all safety issues within the work area of responsibility.
- Assure 5-S for the Production / Molding arenas.
- Enforce safety compliance by ensuring the proper training is given in OSHA mandated regulations.
- Ensure compliance with company safety rules and regulations and will offer training as required on various safety topics.
- Report machine and equipment malfunctions to maintenance and process personnel.
- Drive improvement and eliminate CPPM, IPPM and RPPM issues.
- Verify Operator Description Sheets, as needed, as compared to Containment CPPM and Liaison data, to ensure process driven factors are eliminated.
- Responsible for containment of non-stable and non-capable processes.
- Apply the corrective action process when discrepancies/non-conformances are detected.
- Responsible for Jobs Per Hour goal attainment.
- Promote a sense of urgency to all downtime issues.
- Mobilize appropriate resources to address quality or maintenance issues, striving for permanent corrective action plans to close issues.
- Working in conjunction with support staff, drive action(s) to close all Product, Process, and Design issues until closure is realized.
- Ensure all scrap is appropriately tagged and dispositioned in a timely manner.
- Provide on-going suggestions for cost/quality improvements that support Profit Plan requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensures that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Four-year college or university program certificate and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience - in a leadership role within a plastic injection molding manufacturing operation.