Head of Product (closed)
Head of Product, Startup Incubator
We are an aggressive, very well-funded startup incubator focused on building and launching market-disruptive internet products. We are seeking a passionate and creative leader to join us as our new Head of Product. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to shape several startup companies at the ground floor while evolving early-stage (post-beta) products, such as the ones listed above. While you will be wearing many hats (including business development and operations), your primary mission will be to own the vision, roadmap, and day-to-day execution of the product roadmap and product portfolio. This is a full-time position reporting to the CEO and is based in our downtown San Francisco, CA office.
- Innovate, develop, and launch new products in addition to enhancing existing products across our product lines.
- Oversee the vision and development of the product portfolio. Working closely with senior management, you will publish roadmaps, use cases/stories, wireframes, process diagrams, and other artifacts to articulate product functionality to outsourced, 3rd party development teams.
- Bid, negotiate, hire, and direct the work of outsourced development teams. You will engage closely with engineering to prioritize product features, participate in planning sessions, conduct architectural reviews, user acceptance testing, and manage development schedules to ensure the delivery of the highest quality product, on time, and within budget.
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal and external teams, including business development, community management, and operations and ensure all new product releases are successfully “handed off” to internal stakeholders.
- Own all aspects of the User Interface Design and User Experience with our products. Working with internal stakeholders, you will create interaction diagrams, process flowcharts, and design/wireframes for our development team to implement.
- Conduct usability testing and in depth interviews with customers to determine the issues they face, test product ideas, and receive valuable feedback on our development efforts.
- Conduct customer, competitive, and market research to identify new market opportunities, product enhancements, and refinements to the product strategy. Additionally, you will monitor early validation programs (alpha, beta) until product launch to obtain critical customer feedback, suggest/implement course corrections, and secure customer references.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships, licensing, and monetization opportunities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated success defining and launching consumer-facing, social media products. Bonus points if you have launched mobile or “sharing economy” products.
- Experience leading product development through the entire Software Development Lifecycle. Agile/Scrum/XP a plus.
- Technical aptitude: The ideal candidate will have experience building consumer web-products in multi-platform, multi-technology environments. While an engineering background is not required, you should have the capacity to work with engineers and understand the implications and trade-offs of technology decisions you make.
- The ideal candidate has a keen design sense and the capacity to design functional, elegant, and beautiful consumer web experiences. You know your way around tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and can build clickable mockups in HTML/CSS.
- You have the desire to disrupt multiple industries, fearless, and always challenging status quo.
- You are able to multi-task and quickly adapt in a constantly changing and growing start-up environment where the process is fluid and creative, unique solutions are necessary.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please send resume to email@example.com for consideration.