Business Systems Support Analyst (closed)
The Business Systems Support Analyst is responsible for supporting and troubleshooting Freight Management business software application following standard departmental procedures. The Business Systems Support Analyst collaborates with other departments and IS team members to ensure that internal customer satisfaction is maintained at the highest possible level. The Business Systems Support Analyst will work with and enable different departments within the organization to effectively use and integrate business applications thus increase efficiency and productivity. This individual will also be responsible for security administration and reports generation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand the business processes and data transfer challenges of different departments and between different business applications.
· Identify current business applications? strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
· Communicate with development team and lead testing efforts.
· Provide technical support to users and advise on the correct use of available software resources.
· Solve customer incidents/problems and actively manage customer issues.
· Provide direct telephone support to internal customers, log and classify all issues within an internal call tracking system.
· Manage the resolution process for internal customers as needed.
· Exchange information and share knowledge with the team to maximize knowledge and the effectiveness.
· Identify and escalate problems affecting a number of customers or influencing the timely resolution of customer?s inquiries.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
· BA/BS Degree, or equivalent experience
· Background in Freight Forwarding
· 5+ years direct work experience as a Business Systems or Business Applications Support Analyst
· Ability to troubleshoot details while maintaining the ?big picture? view?
· Ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous issues
· General knowledge of hardware and software technologies related to desktop software and hardware
· Strong time management skills and attention to details
· Team player, ability to work well with other IT team members
· Standard MS Office Tools to include MS Excel. MS Visio and SharePoint is a plus.
· ? Proven experience working with developers and programmers
· Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
· Troubleshooting skills to ?proactively? determining causes of operating errors and/or application malfunctions and taking initiatives to solve them or provide workarounds
· ?Detailed understanding of users? needs with excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong technical background to include working experience with Windows, Linux, SQL, SSRS, Oracle and N-tier application models
· Demonstrates a good understanding of Supply Chain processes
· Full understanding of relational database concepts and table structures and indexes
· ediEnterprise and/or SQL database experience is a plus