Assistant Manager (closed)
Responsibilities include direct accountability for maintaining of daily activities of the Operations of the Branch office in areas of planning and organizing functions with emphasis on customer service, drive and fleet productivity, safety, cost controls and overall business success. Responsibilities include improving delivery efficiencies, overseeing inventory management, complete utilization of drivers / fleet. Interface with administration, sales, human resource, and safety, transportation, and customer service departments. . Primary goal is to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities, and personnel by performing the daily duties personally or through subordinates which include dispatching, answering phones, taking orders, safety, licenses and permits, and inventory control.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Assist with the supervision of all operational staff including dispatchers, drivers, yard assistants and Mechanics.
· Oversee and coordinate documentation between Dispatch and Safety regarding incidents and accidents.
· Approves / recommends requisitions for equipment, materials, and supplies within limits of purchase order policies and guidelines.
· Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations (i.e., Hours of Service, Sales and pricing policies and Credit approval procedures).
· · Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action.
· Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
· Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with outside venders, technicians, customer service representative and federal/stat/county agency representatives if necessary.
· Ability to establish priorities and organize own work is necessary. Ability to complete tasks requested and attend to details as necessary.
· Should have a good understanding of effective customer service skills and techniques.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal in English. As well as the ability to establish rapport with varied types of individuals is essential. Bilingual a plus
· Must have the ability to work independently and also within a group.
· Must have working knowledge of the following computer software: Most Microsoft products including Excel and Word (95 or newer) Email and Internet. Knowledge of PDS, SMS a plus.
· Knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting the sell and trade of fuel products is required.